The Cloister of Sant’Eufemia rises in the back of the area once occupied by the monastery abolished in 1785. It is the only surviving portion of a building belonging to the Lambertenghi family, then sold to the Natta at the beginning of 1600.
According to some stylistic features (such as the decoration of the capitals), the building could be attributed to the first decades of the 15th century.
The Cloister, closed for more than two and a half centuries, restored by Como city municipality, today represents a precious eighteenth-century architectural testimony of a typical home of the historic center of the walled city.
This enchanting place, renamed the Cloister Artificio, from the name of the project that led to its new life, was reopened in January 2015 and today it is a creative hub, a permanent creativity center around which are all those who develop projects in the artistic and cultural field.
Thanks to the collaboration between public and private, the network of actors involved in the field and a fundraising service focused in grants and tenders writing the cultural space has become a vital place where ideas, professionals and a new way of supporting and making culture interweave.
Piazzolo Giuseppe Terragni 4, Como
Aperto dal lunedì al venerdì